This is the offer made by UCEA at the pay talks yesterday, and is their ‘best and final‘ offer.
- unions to agree to put offer to members
- suspend industrial action.
- Aug 06 – greater of 3% or Â£515
- Feb 07 – 1%
- Aug 07 – 3%
- May 08 – greater of 3% or Â£420
- Oct 08 – 2.5%
HEIs retain separate London weighting(s) to be recommended to increase ‘on average’ by the same % uplifts
- Agreed statement on reviews of JNCHES and of HE financial and paydata.
- Agreed statement on implementation of Framework (equal pay etc.),
- including recommendation to HEIs on equal pay audits.
- Agreed statement about 35 hour week.
- Letter to support unions on national youth/training rates.
- Agreement that HEIs in serious financial difficulty can defer implementation by up to 11 months.
- Agreement to uprate old scales on the same basis for 2006-2007 only.
Effect on pay rates
Latter part of:
- 2006-07 +4.03%
- 2007-03 +10.37%
- 2008-09 +13.12%
Minimum hourly rates (37 hours per week)
- 2006-07 Â£6.0O/Â£6.06
- 2007-08 Â£6.24/Â£6.45
- 2008-09 Â£6.61
Additional Paybill costs
Typically 3% -5% extra for Framework implementation
Superannuation + 1.4% for support staff and + 0.6% for TPS